K1 Fiance’(e) Visa – What is it?

A K1 Fiancé(e) Visa enables a U.S. citizen to bring a fiancé(e)  to the United States. The visa allows your fiancé(e) to stay in the US for 90 days. If you marry in the United States she/he can adjust her/his status to a US permanent resident and obtain a green card that allows her/him to stay indefinitely. After living in America for 3 years she/he qualifies for US citizenship. Same sex couples can use a US K1 Fiancé(e) Visa the same as heterosexual couples.

K1 Fiance’(e) Visa – What is it